The Institutional Review Board of The College of New Jersey is charged with the responsibility and authority to approve, require modification in, halt unapproved or non-compliant research, periodically monitor the progress of long-term records, or disapprove all research activities involving humans that fall within its jurisdiction. More »
iMedris is Here!
We are excited about the IRB’s transition from the previous electronic management system to iMedRIS.
- * The new system is effective as of July 1, 2017. * The current link to the eIRB on the IRB webpage has been replaced with a link to iMedRIS and the current eIRB system is no longer available.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have ongoing, approved research that you expect to continue during the 2017-2018 academic year and have NOT requested administrated support for transferring your research proposal, you have until Aug. 28th to move your materials from the old system to the new system. Please contact Chu Kim-Prieto (email@example.com) with any questions. Here is the research transfer PI verifcation form to use when you transfer your materials into the new system.
TRAINING: Several brief training videos on using the new system are posted below (more to come soon!). In addition, individual members of the IRB will hold training sessions during Spring and Fall semesters. While the primary intended audience members will be researchers from their own schools, all are welcome to attend any session.
Next Training date: TBA***
***If you cannot physically attend the training, you can log-in from your preferred location using your computer: link coming soon
-If you have a TCNJ gmail account, you can access these videos using the links below. If you have difficulty accessing the videos, please email Tamra Bireta (firstname.lastname@example.org) from your TCNJ email address, and she will send you youtube links to these videos (we are not allowed to post the youtube links here due to contractual issues).
- Introduction to iMedris
- Submitting an Application
- Uploading Ethics Certification
- Study Renewals
- Revising and Resubmitting
Need More Help?
- IRB members will host “IRB office hours” approximately once per month. Next Office Hour: Wed, Oct 11, 1:30 – 2:50 PM with Tabitha Dell’Angelo, EDU 301H
Human Subjects Certification: Please upload your valid NIH or CITI human subjects training certificate here. *You will no longer upload your certificate with your proposal. PLEASE ALLOW 7 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR CERTIFICATE TO APPEAR IN IMEDRIS. Once you have uploaded your certificate, you do not need to do so again until your certificate has expired (the certificate is valid for 3 years).